The lighter take on a traditional side, this salad brings together a healthy crunch with a tangy sweetness. This quick recipe is great for the holidays!
- 3 lbs Brussel sprouts
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Trim/clean Brussel sprouts, then cut in half. Arrange on two baking sheets and toss them with olive oil.
- Roast until brown, 25 to 30 minutes, tossing about halfway through.
- Add pecans to the pan with the Brussel sprouts and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle cranberries on top. Stir until just combined.
Optional: Serve over cooked wild rice and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Optional: If you’re not a fan of Brussel sprouts, try this recipe with broccoli. Simple increase the heat to 425 degrees F.
Nutrition Facts (per 1 cup serving): 90 calories, 6 g fat, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 2 g protein
Nutrition Facts (over ½ cup rice with 1 tsp cheese): 180 calories, 7 g fat, 4 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 6 g protein
For more information on nutritional services available at Woman’s, click here.