The Keto Diet can be especially difficult to follow during the holidays with so many carbohydrate-rich foods all around us. You can stay on track by keeping your “why” (are you doing this) nearby! You want to be closer to your goal (not farther away) after the holidays.
Now that you’ve committed, follow these tips and tricks for a healthy keto-friendly holiday.
1. Plan ahead. “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin
Four simple words: Know Before You Go! What will be served? Will anything be keto-friendly?
- If you are going to a restaurant, prepare by looking at the menu online or calling ahead to talk with the hostess.
- If you’re having a small gathering at your house, you can prepare something you and others can enjoy like a charcuterie board with cheese, nuts and olives.
- If you are doing a low fat version of keto like Ideal Protein®, stick to your lean and green dinner, or eat a product before you go.
2. Just say no. Sugary drinks and alcohol can totally derail a keto diet.
- Ideal Protein® dieters can mix any flavor water enhancer with seltzer for a refreshing drink while staying on plan.
- Stick to water most of the time.
- Drinking any amount of alcohol while in ketosis can result in low blood sugar and loss of consciousness, so get creative with mocktails. Put them in fancy glasses to stay festive.
Try this festive drink which is as delicious as it is pretty: Mix ¼ cup lime juice with 1 tsp zested ginger, 12 drops of stevia, and 18 ounces of plain or cran-raspberry flavored sparkling water. Pour over ice and garnish with a lime. Serves 2-4 people.
3. Focus on the experience, not the food.
- Reset your mind to focus on what really matters.
- It’s about WHO is at the table, not WHAT is on it!
- Center your experience around good conversations and have fun.
If you are interested in losing weight it’s important to find the diet that is right for you and your body. Woman’s is here to help you find the best solution to your weight loss goals. Fill out the contact form and our weight management navigator will contact you to schedule a telemedicine appointment or office appointment.