Here’s a great, easy to make soup that is perfect for those looking to eat lighter or observe the Lenten tradition.
Tuscan Tomato Soup
Serves 6 | 230 calories, 6 g fat, 10 g fiber, 10 g protein
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (32 ounce) box low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- pepper to taste
- Combine marinara sauce, beans, peppers, garlic, olive oil, and chicken broth in large pot.
- Use immersion blender to puree.
- Cook over low-medium heat, and stir occasionally while heating, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in basil and pepper before serving.
Looking for more ways to improve your diet? Click here to find out more about Woman’s Nutritional Services.