Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but with hectic mornings, it can also be the hardest to find time to eat.
Check out our Egg Muffin recipe below for a quick breakfast meal without sugar or carbs and has plenty of protein to get you through the morning.
- 6 large eggs
- 12 slices pre-cooked turkey bacon (sliced into thirds)
- ¾ cup shredded low fat Swiss or Monterey jack cheese
- ¾ cup spinach, cooked and drained
- ½ cup 1% milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place 3 bacon pieces in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all ingredients until well blended, except for ¼ cup of the shredded cheese.
- Fill each muffin cup with ¼ cup of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle extra ¼ cup of cheese on top across muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING (1 muffin):
Total Calories: 98
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 1g
Total Fiber: 0g
Total Sugar: 1g