It’s Carnival time! Let the good times roll with cocktail dresses to long evening gowns. Everyone wants to look their best, but getting a sun-kissed glow is hard to come by in South Louisiana winter. Why not try a spray tan at Woman’s Center for Wellness for your next Mardi Gras event?
Spray tanning is a form of sunless tanning where a fine mist is sprayed onto your body. The benefits of spray tanning are countless. To name a few, spray tanning gives you a beautiful glow that you can’t always get year round. By spray tanning instead of sun tanning, you are avoiding dangerous UV rays. Other benefits include the smooth and even application and the custom outcome.
Here are a few quick tips to make sure your faux color looks its best this carnival season and any time you get a spray tan.
- A spray tan looks best when you shower, shave, gently exfoliate and moisturize the night before your appointment. Don’t go haywire with exfoliating as it can irritate the skin, and cause little scratches and excessive dryness, which will make the tanner darker.
- Don’t use a moisturizing soap (like Dove) before spray tanning as it creates a barrier to protect the skin and the tanner may not cover as well.
- Don’t wear deodorant containing aluminum before you tan. The aluminum can make your underarms turn green with a spray tan.
- Don’t get laser treatment. A spray tan should never be done after a skin-care treatment that uses lasers. This is because lasers may also leave dry areas or spots on the skin and the tanner will get darker in these areas.
- Wear loose clothes, or bring an outfit you don’t care if it gets stained, to your appointment. It takes up to 15 minutes —for the tan to dry. So, skip your bra, if you can help it, and definitely leave your skinny jeans and yoga pants at home.
- The solution Woman’s Spa uses is customized paraben and nut free, so it is unnecessary to wait a full 24 hours before being able to shower after having your tan done.
- When you “shower,” do not use a washcloth or soaps for two full days.
- Moisturize daily.
- Don’t use anti-aging products.
- Woman’s tanning solution should last 7-8 days if you follow these instructions.
Call Woman’s Center for Wellness at 225-924-8388 to schedule an appointment.