Snacking can be tough, especially when you’re trying to slim down. Poor snacking habits can be the downfall of any fitness program; however, if done right, snacking can be just the boost you need to power through. Here’s a secret to building the perfect snack… Aim for a high five! Keep your selections simple and keep your calories under 200.
When choosing a healthy snack, aim to pair a complex carb with a protein and/or fat to create a balanced choice. Always make sure your grams of protein and fiber equal to five or more. Complex carbs contain fiber which helps you feel full along with the added protein and fiber. Try one of the following combos to satisfy hunger between meals and for your newest snack addition today!
- serving of fruit + 1 tbsp of nut butter
- serving of fruit + 1 oz reduced fat cheese
- serving of fruit + 1/4 cup reduced fat cottage cheese
- serving of fruit + 1 boiled egg
- Vegetable sticks (carrots, celery, cucumbers, etc.) + 2 tbsp hummus
- Vegetable sticks (carrots, celery, cucumbers, etc.) + 2 tbsp guacamole
For more tips on snacking or finding your way to a better lifestyle, try our BALANCE Program.