Do you have skinny brows, blonde brows, or over tamed brows? Microblading is a perfect way to give your brows some semi-permanent “oomph”!
First thing to note – microblading is not brow tattooing; instead it is semi-permanent and the color fades within 18 months. The process uses a tiny tool with 10-12 little needles at the end that delicately scratch the surface, much like a paper cut, and implants featherweight strokes of medical grade pigment on the epidermis layer for the skin, creating fine, realistic and natural hair strokes.
What happens during Microblading?
- Prep: The brows are cleaned up and the area is prepped for the treatment.
- Numbing: This takes 45 minutes using a topical ointment.
- Measuring: Creating the right brow takes into account face shape, symmetry, facial features, etc.
- Needling: The needling begins. There is no electrical gadget, so there is a scratching noise when the strokes are manually created using a blade.
- Final pigment layer: A final layer of pigment stays on for 5 minutes and then beautiful brows!
The most common question is – does it hurt? The process itself is not painful thanks to the numbing ointment that is applied. The whole process is very quick – it’s actually the numbing which takes the most time (45 mins)
Be aware that brows will be up to 40% darker for the first 7-10 days during the healing process where scabs can form and flake off. Like any scratch, your eyebrows will start to heal, which might cause irritation. You’ll need to follow some after- care instructions and avoid any picking or scratching of your brows. Within 30 days, your brows will be fully healed with your beautiful new look!