The New Year is a great time to come together as a family and make plans for the year to come. We’ve put together this handy list to help get you started.
- Go Outside! Make the commitment to go outside more as a family. Take advantage of all that Baton Rouge has to offer, from nature trails to bike paths. Or, take time to explore your own backyard together by creating a scavenger hunt or planning a backyard camp out.
- Record Your Life Together! Create family memories by taking more pictures together and displaying them around the house or in a scrapbook. That also means getting in the pictures! As parents, we’re often the ones behind the camera, but it’s such a gift to your kids to have photographs of you with them.
- Give Warmer Greetings! Make the effort to put things aside for a minute or two and greet family members as they arrive home. Say hello, give a hug, and ask how their day was. This can also be said for when family members depart. This is an easy habit to start that doesn’t require much time or energy, but can make a real difference in the atmosphere of the home.
- Be Silly Together! Laughter is said to be the best medicine, so make sure your family gets a healthy dose. It is easy to get overcome with the tasks of being a parent, but it’s important for you and the kiddos to take time away and just have fun together. Plan a game night, watch a funny movie, share jokes, or just be silly as a family.
- Eat Healthier Together! Many of us have the resolution to be healthier already, so make it a family effort. Make smarter choices when planning dinner, incorporate new foods, and make it a point to sit and eat as a family.
The possibilities are endless, so get creative and make 2018 a year to remember for you and your family.