It’s a time honored tradition in south Louisiana, when a hurricane threatens, it’s time to stock up on the supplies! In a pandemic, the grocery store can be overwhelming, even more so when crowded with nervous shoppers preparing for an approaching hurricane.
Before you venture out make sure you have a comprehensive list of everything you will need.
- First Aid Kit
- Toilet Paper
- Moist Towelettes
- Tool Kit
- Manual can opener
- Portable Phone Charger
- Strike-anywhere matches
- Dry Cereal
- Canned goods: fruit, vegetables, juice, soups, meats, pasta, beans
- Peanut Butter
- Granola and Energy Bars
- Unrefrigerated Fruit: bananas, apples, oranges
- Rice and Pasta
- Pasta Sauce
If you are pregnant or have a newborn be sure to have the following items:
- Prenatal vitamins
- COVID-19 still remains a concern, so remember to practice the following precautions when shopping:
- Wear a face covering that covers your mouth and nose.
- Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Put distance between yourself and other people (at least 6 feet).