Do you love yoga? Boot camp workouts? Being in the pool? Then you have to try the new Flow Motion class at Woman’s Center for Wellness! Flow Motion uses a special mat that lets you work out on the water, maximizing your core strength, balance and flexibility all while having a blast. Here are a few benefits of Flow Motion:
- Low impact, high intensity. This class is gentle on the body, yet still gives you a great workout.
- Coordination. Flow Motion helps your body react to sudden changes in direction, improve agility and reduce the risk of falls. It may improve your coordination and lower your reaction time. If you slip or stumble, your body needs to stabilize itself immediately or you will fall. Flow Motion training can improve your reaction time as you learn to quickly correct, but not over-correct, a mistake.
- Strength. Flow Motion training is challenging for your central nervous system. It may help improve your performance in the weight room.
- Body Awareness. Proprioception is the sense of how your own limbs are moving in space. Flow Motion training increases body awareness; one client stated she is more aware of her core than ever before!
- Joint Stability. This training develops more stable ankles, knees, hips, spine, shoulders and arms. Strengthening these joints will help to prevent numerous injuries.
- Long-term health. Flow Motion may help to maintain and improve balance, which is needed to prevent falls and fractures. Everyone can benefit from having good balance, no matter what your age.
- Muscle Recruitment. When you are training on the Flow Motion fit mat, your body will engage more muscles than when doing the same exercises on land. The training not only strengthens your core and large muscle groups, but it also engages the smaller muscles used to stabilize your body.
Woman’s Center for Wellness is currently the only fitness center in the Baton Rouge area offering Flow Motion. Choose from Flow Motion Beginner Class or Flow Motion Boot Camp. To register, click here.