Want a sun-kissed glow for the holidays? Ditch the orange-y self-tanner in a bottle and try a spray tan! Spray tans are especially great for winter events. By spray tanning instead of tanning in a tanning bed, you are avoiding dangerous UV rays. In fact, many people find that they can achieve a deeper tan through a spray tan than they ever could by laying in the sun or tanning bed. Other benefits include a smooth, even application and a custom color.
How should you prepare for a spray tan?
- Know what you’re getting! Not all spray tan solutions are created equal. At Woman’s Center for Wellness, we use one of the best solutions on the market – Norvell – to produce a deep, long-lasting tan without that dreaded orange look.
- Shower, shave, exfoliate and moisturize the night before your appointment. Your tan will look better and last longer.
- Check the weather. If the skies are going to open right after your appointment, be prepared with an umbrella and clothing that covers your entire body.
- Wear loose clothing with minimal skin-to-fabric contact – think sweatpants, not yoga pants! Although the solution is washable, it’s also a good idea to wear dark clothing and undergarments after being sprayed.
- Don’t worry about being in your birthday suit. Wearing a bra, underwear, or nothing at all is totally up to you!
- Make sure you wait the advised amount of time before showering. After you’ve showered off the initial spray, moisturize with a lotion that isn’t oil-based. Moisturizing will extend your spray tan.
Purchase a series of three spray tans for $120 or one for $45. Call 225-924-8388 to schedule your appointment.