The word “balance” is a big buzzword in the health and fitness world right now. But what does having balance really mean? At Woman’s Center for Wellness, our team is dedicated to helping you find balance with your eating habits, exercise and overall wellness.
Many women have an “all or nothing” mentality when it comes to weight loss success, but our experts can guide you on simple, realistic, sustainable changes that can add up to big changes over time. Here are a few simple nutrition tips to help you find balance in your diet:
- You can start by meal prepping two times a week, such as Sundays and Wednesdays. Batch grill your favorite lean protein, roast a sheet pan full of seasonal vegetables on 450 until golden brown, or boil several hard-boiled eggs. This provides you with fresh and easy go-to meals and snacks to set yourself up for weight loss success in the New Year.
- Be mindful while you’re eating. Put your phone away and turn off the TV during meals.
- Put snacks in small storage containers instead of large ones. If you limit how much you have, you can limit how much you’ll eat.
- Compare items at the grocery store. Check nutrition labels to choose those with lower sodium, sugar and saturated fat.
- Try something new! And speaking of lowering saturated fat…consider using almond butter as an alternative to peanut butter. Although almond butter is still high in fat, it is healthy fat and contains less saturated fat than peanut butter.
The easier and more enjoyable we can make your day to day life, the more likely these new behavior changes will actually become permanent changes. Learning balance is the key to maintaining weight loss success for life.
To learn more about our Balance program, click here. Now through the end of February, join Balance and get a free fitness membership to Woman’s Center for Wellness for the duration of the program.