Valentine’s Day is a holiday that encourages you to recognize those who hold a special place in your heart. But what about feeling good about yourself – loving who you are and looking great doing it! Take the time to invest in yourself with these suggestions from Woman’s Center for Wellness.
A Day at the Spa
We can pamper you from head to toe – from a mani-pedi and facial to a massage or spray tan to get you feeling your best.
- Pedicure: A relaxing, soothing soak and scrub can go a long way to helping you feel better inside and out. In addition to a fashion statement, pedicures also increase circulation, soothe sore feet and relieve stress.
- Massage: A relaxation massage is a smooth and gentle reminder to yourself that your body needs attention. It’s like giving your body a “stay”-cation! Massage promotes relaxation, relieves muscular tension, plus improves circulation.
- Facial: An exfoliant to clear away dead skin cells is just the ticket to reduce dullness, refine and smooth fine lines and shrink pore size. Facials can also help with acne, acne scars and rosacea.
Moving with a New Outlook
Try out a fresh perspective to loving your shape by mixing up your exercise routine. It’s sure to get your endorphins moving and can be a confidence builder!
- Try a new class! Maybe cardio kickboxing if you usually do yoga, or yoga if you tend to participate in higher intensity classes.
- If you are stuck in a routine or ready for some new challenges, think about getting a personal trainer.
- Freshen your body and mind by focusing on recovery methods such as stretching post workout or trying our Breath & Connect class
Love Yourself with Good Nutrition
Choosing to eat healthfully can dramatically change your life, whether it’s feeling better in your body, improving energy, or helping you overcome health issues. The first step in making a change is to decide that you are worth it.
Once you have made that decision, you can show self-love by nourishing your body with nutrient-rich foods, including protein, healthy fats, and fiber-rich carbohydrates. The right macronutrient combo can make you feel great from the inside out.
Yes, it does take a little effort to eat this way, but that effort will pay off in how you feel, and in your overall health. If time is tight, consider shortcuts like grocery pick-up or delivery, cooking on the weekends, or buying pre-cut produce and pre-cooked meats like rotisserie chicken. You may be surprised at the small investment in time for food prep compared to the time it takes to order food and wait for it.
While choosing healthful, nutrient-rich foods most of the time is best, it is also good to have balance. Don’t deprive yourself of occasional indulgences. Instead, decide when and what you will choose for that indulgence, and take your time to fully enjoy it without shame or guilt.
Another way to show self-love is to be present with your food. Rather than rushing through a meal while you go through emails, take the time to sit down without distractions and really enjoy each bite. Try putting your fork down between bites and savor your food, chewing slowly.
Try starting your day with a calcium and fiber-rich smoothie. This is also a great way to eat vegetables at breakfast to get you one step closer to the 3 cups per day goal.
Formula for The Perfect Smoothie [PDF] »
Contact us for more ideas on loving yourself through spa, fitness or nutrition:
- Woman’s Spa 225-924-8388
- Woman’s Fitness 225-924-8300
- Woman’s Nutrition 225-924-8313, Email Us