Whether you are looking for a quick dinner, a lighter meal or trying to observe Lent, check out this delicious shrimp recipe:
Basil Shrimp and Zucchini
Serves 2 | 360 calorites, 17 g fat, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein
- 2 scallions
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 medium zucchini
- 5 tsp chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- 8 ounces shrimp
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Thinly slice scallions. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Pour in 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add quinoa to pot and reduce to simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, stir to fluff, and cover until ready to eat.
- While quinoa cooks, trim ends from zucchini and shave into thin ribbons or spiralize into noodles. Toss zucchini with basil, season with salt and pepper to taste, and squeeze juice from lemon quarter, stirring to combine. Set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan along with chili flakes to taste. Cook until shrimp are pink and firm, approximately 5 minutes.
- Divide quinoa between 2 bowls. Top each evenly with zucchini ribbons and shrimp. Squeeze lemon quarter over each and garnish with green onions.
Looking for more ways to improve your diet? Click here to find out more about Woman’s Nutritional Services.