Wearing masks has become an essential part of our everyday attire, but it has some of us facing a new skin condition called “mask-ne.” The prolonged use of masks can cause acne in the covered areas and/or skin irritation from the constant shifting of the masks. To make matters worse, as we head into summer months, sweat and humidity can magnify the issue, so it’s important to take proper care of your skin.
How can I deal with this problem at home?
- Wash your face twice a day
- Always wash your mask every day or wear a different one
- Use a facial mask at least once per week to help keep your pores clean
- Use only non-comedogenic products
- Try not to wear makeup, if possible
What product/services at Woman’s Day Spa can help with Maskne?
- Woman’s Day Spa offers both the Luksus line and Ormedic products for balancing and sensitive skin. These contain anti-inflammatory agents to calm down irritation caused by prolonged wear of masks, and include:
- Phospholipid GF Moisturizer
- Probiotic Defense Toner
- Probiotic Recovery Cream
- Monthly facials help keep pores clean and help control potential acne outbreaks.
Woman’s Day Spa wants to help you maintain your clear skin so that when you are able to take off that mask, you’ll reveal beautiful, blemish free skin! For a limited time the spa is offering “Maskne Facials.” This service includes steam (to soften impurities), extractions and a marine mask that contains anti-inflammatory agents to soothe and hydrate the skin for only $35. Book an appointment today, 225-924-8388.