It’s something that many of us have experienced, but we don’t really talk about: pelvic floor problems. Pelvic floor issues are certainly common, but they’re not a normal part of life that we “just have to deal with.” Have you experienced any of the following signs?
- When the joke is on you. That viral video may have been hilarious, but “leaking” when you laugh (or cough…or sneeze…or exercise) is no laughing matter.
- Hurrying to the bathroom – and not making it in time. The urgency to urinate is a sign of a pelvic floor issue.
- When you gotta go, you gotta go. And you gotta go a lot! You may have an overactive bladder, meaning you feel the urge to go to the bathroom more frequent than normal.
- Difficulty emptying your bladder.
- Pressure or heaviness in the vaginal area. This could be a sign of pelvic organ prolapse, or the dropping of an organ from its normal place.
- Pain in the pelvic area or during sex.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, call us at 225-924-8709 or click here.